Easy and Quick Lo Mein
After making a couple different recipes and having some left over ingredients, I decided to throw together my own lo mein. Keeping this quick and simple:
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 green onion chopped
- 1 cup of mixed cabbage
- 1/2 a slice of sweet onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp of ginger or ginger paste
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp pf sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 Tbsp of honey
- 1 package of Ramen noodles (seasoning removed)
- Before starting chicken, add 2 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, add noodles until soft. Once soft, drain water and set noodles aside.
- Cut chicken into cubes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in a hot skillet with oil until browned. When finished, remove from pan.
- Add to the pan sweet and green onion and garlic. Let them cook 2-3 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Once all ingredients are in the pan, add the chicken and noodles to the pan and stir in for a couple more minutes.
This was a quick and easy recipe that would have been great as left overs in the Hot Logic if it didn't get eaten all at dinner. Note the half empty bowl as I forgot to take a picture until half way through dinner.