Egg Roll Soup
It's always funny that we determine the end of winter through Ground Hog's day but our furry friend saw his shadow, so us Hot Logic friends in the north have another 6 weeks of winter ahead of us. Maybe it is the extra foot of snow we got over the weekend or the very low temps but I decided to try a soup that my sister recommended.
Now this recipe isn't a prepare in your Hot Logic recipe but it did come out great! I didn't really follow the given recipe but more so the directions and made it to taste for me. The recipe is very simple and packed full of flavor.
Another comment I noticed lately were requests for gluten free or vegan options so I will try to add some different variations to recipes.
Egg Roll Soup
- For Vegan options, add mushrooms vs Italian sausage and vegetable stock instead of chicken stock.
- Brown Italian sausage in a pan, when done, remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the sausage grease, saute down a small sweet onion (diced).
- When the onions start to look clear, add in 2 tsp of grated ginger and 3 cloves of garlic (pressed), 6-8 cups of chicken stock and the sausage.
- When the stock has reached a warmer temp, add in half a head of cabbage (sliced) and a cup or two of shredded carrots.
- When the soup has settled, add two tbsp. of toasted sesame oil.
- Let the pot simmer for 10-15 minutes.
When the soup is done, I of course had to try a small bowl but then portioned out enough servings to re-heat in the Hot Logic or freeze for later.
What is your go to Winter soup? Let us know if you try making this by leaving a comment!