A lot of my cooking and inspiration started from my time in the Army as a cook. Meatloaf was a staple in the Army and mostly where I started to make and change my recipe.
As I don't eat a lot of bread, I removed both the egg and bread crumbs from my recipe. The only issue I notice is the loaf breaking a little when you serve it but that never bothers me.
What I love about making this in the Hot Logic is the meat cooks perfectly, I don't need to use the oven. I can plug it in, go to the gym, and come home to dinner being ready.
I keep my meatloaf quite simple so here is how I made it!
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Half a sweet onion
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoning: Salt/Pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Dice the onion, garlic and celery down. Fee free to add a splash of the Worcestershire sauce. Saute in a pan with butter until there is a little crunch. If prepping for heating in the Hot Logic later, this is not necessary.
- In your 6 cup Pyrex, mix the meat, vegetables and seasonings together. Add a tbsp of the brown sugar, 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce, and cover the whole mixture evenly with the rest of the seasonings. Add some of the ketchup over the mixture and mix in. (I usually do not measure, I just cover with a decent amount.)
- Mix all of the meat and veggies together to form a loaf. I use a spatula that gives a great shape and form into the loaf.
- Once the loaf is formed, mix a little bit of ketchup and brown sugar together. Spread over the top. This adds great flavor as it cooks into the meat loaf.
- Plug in the Hot Logic as long as you need, if travelling, it will give off liquid so be aware of it moving around or make sure you use a sealing dish.
When you are ready to eat, drain the liquid out and serve. As I said, it may break a little.
My husband absolutely loves this recipe and it goes to show as we did not have any leftovers (and rarely do unless I make more than a 1 lb). With the cold winter months coming, meatloaf is a great hearty meal that the Hot Logic makes so much easier to prepare.
If you try it out, share in the comments!